SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Speaker: Elizabeth Newport
Events are open to both members and non-members.
Social Security and Medicare are two of the most valuable and complicated benefits employees will receive. Please join us for a presentation by the Social Security Administration’s public affairs specialist for the State of Maine. We will cover topics that all benefit professionals need know, including --
· Who is eligible
· How are benefits calculated
· What are the benefits
· Are spouses, ex-spouses, and surviving spouses entitled to a benefit
· Will benefits be there in the future
· When should someone start benefits
· What’s the effect on benefits if someone keeps working
· What is the windfall elimination provision
· What are the special rules for ALS, kidney failure, and environmental health exposure
· Where is the best place to get more information
· What steps should someone take now to ensure their benefits
And, of course, we will address any questions that you have.
Friday, March 15th, 2019.
Registration and breakfast: 8:00am-8:30am
1945 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04102
Parking: Parking is available in Clark Insurance parking lot
Speaker: Elizabeth Newport is the Social Security Administration’s Public Affairs Specialist for all District Offices in the State of Maine as well as for the Portsmouth, New Hampshire District Office.
*A $25 fee shall apply to any non-members for MEBC events. Please remit payment to: Maine Employee Benefits Council, P. O. Box 7641, Portland, ME 04112. If you wish to become a member please sign up here.